And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place,…
WATERS BELOW (SEAS)
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear, and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas; and God saw that it was good.
God knew that man and all other living things need water in order to live. So God prepared the waters below and the waters above. The waters below are the seas. Other places on earth where water can be found are springs, brooks, rivers, and lakes.
- Review the previous lesson—God made the waters above. The rain comes from the clouds above us.
- God also prepared the waters on the earth. Refer to child’s verse. God called this water sea.
- Besides the sea, there are also other places on earth where there is water, such as springs, brooks, rivers, and lakes.
- Why did God prepare all of this water? Talk about how plants, animals, and man need water in order to live.
- God knew that man and all other living things need water. So He prepared a lot of water, enough for everyone and everything.
Pop-up Picture Craft:
- Supplies: White construction paper or card-stock, blue construction paper, glue, crayons
- Preparation: On white paper cut four 2-3 inch slits vertically in the middle of the page for the pop up. Use template to cut out shape of the water. Print verse and cut into strips.
- For kids: Glue the water onto the pop-up area. Glue the verse on the bottom of the page. Color with crayons.