And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear, and it was so.
THE DRY LAND
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear, and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas; and God saw that it was good.
Jeremiah 5:22 Do you not fear Me, declares Jehovah; do you not tremble at My presence; Who have set the sand as a boundary for the sea by an eternal statute, so it cannot pass over it? Although its waves toss, they cannot prevail; although they roar, they cannot pass over it.
Psalm 65:6 Who established the mountains in His strength, girded with might;
God gathered the water together in order that the dry land would appear. Without land there would be no place for people and other living things to live and grow. God was making the earth just right for His great plan.
- Last week we spoke about how God gathered the water together into one place. The waters are gathered together into the seas. He did this so that the dry land could rise up and be seen. God called the dry land earth.
- The dry land includes all kinds of land such as mountains, hills, valleys, and plains.
- When God said, “Let the dry land appear,” very large pieces of land rose up and today we live in these dry lands.
- Without the land, would the plants have a place to live? How about the animals? What about people? God knew that people, animals, and plants would need a place to live and to grow. So, He prepared the dry land— Earth. He did this on the third day.
- Bring a cup of dirt to show the children the dry land.
Craft—Dry land pull-up picture:
- Supplies: Blue card-stock or construction paper, tan construction paper, craft sticks, cotton balls, glue, scissors
- Preparation: Print verse at the top of the blue paper. Cut out the dry land shapes. Cut the bottom of the blue paper in the shape of the water.
- For kids: Glue the land to the craft stick. Fold bottom of blue paper up and cut a slit in the crease for the craft stick. Color on the paper and glue on cotton balls. Put the craft stick through the slit in the bottom.