And God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so.
THE HERBS (PLANTS)
11 And God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, herbs yielding seed according to their kind, and trees bearing fruit with their seed in them according to their kind; and God saw that it was good.
13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.
God created the herbs (plants). The plants provide us with many important things, such as food, clothing, medicines, etc.
- Remember that after God made the dry land, He said, “Let the earth bring forth grass.” This was the simplest kind of plant. Then He went on to say, let the earth bring forth herbs, which are plants yielding seeds.
- There are many different kinds of plants which give us many different things we need in order to live. Some plants give us food such as fruits and vegetables, Some other kinds of plants give us grains, such as rice, wheat, corn, and oats.
- Some other things that come from plants are spices, sugar, medicines, string rope, and cotton that can be used to make clothes.
- Some plants are flowers that are very beautiful to look at and to smell. The bees make honey for us to eat from some flowers.
- God knew that man would need food, so He created plants which give us the many different kinds of food. God also knew that we would need oxygen which is in the air that we breathe. So. God made the plants, which make the oxygen that we need.
- When God made the plants, He was making the earth just right for His great plan.
- Supplies: White cardstock or construction paper, magazine pictures of flowers and plants, glue
- Preparation: Cut out pictures from magazines of flowers and plants. Print verse and cut into strips.
- For kids: Glue pictures onto paper. Glue verse onto paper.