And God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so.
11 And God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, herbs yielding seed according to their kind, and trees bearing fruit with their seed in them according to their kind; and God saw that it was good.
13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.
Burden to Impart
When God created plants, including fruit trees, He was thinking about man. He knew that the plants and trees would provide man with food to eat, as well as many other needed things.
- Last week, we talked about seeds. When God made plants, He made them with seeds. When the seeds are planted, they grow into new plants.
- Today we are going to talk about some big plants that God made. Does anyone know what a big plant is called? A tree! A tree is just a very big plant.
- In the beginning, God created many different kinds of trees.
- Certain kinds of trees give us food to eat. These are called fruit trees. Ask the children to name some examples. When God created the plants and the trees, He was thinking about us. He knew that they would provide food for us to eat.
Craft—Green tissue paper trees:
- Supplies: Light colored construction paper, brown construction paper, green tissue paper, glue
- Preparation: Cut out tree trunks from brown paper. Cut tissue paper into squares. Print verse on light colored paper.
- For kids: Glue tree trunk on paper. Wad up tissue squares and glue them to the tree as leaves.