Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
We are greatly shocked and saddened about the tragedy that occurred in our church meeting hall around 5pm on Monday, February 28, 2022. According to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s statement, a father shot and killed his three children and another adult and then killed himself. We have not yet been notified of further details as of this time. As soon as we learn more facts, we will let you know.
Before the situation becomes clearer, as a church, we feel it important that we not contribute to the cloud of confusion and urge all to wait until the authorities officially release the details surrounding the incident and the identities of the victims. We should avoid all conjecture or speculation and refrain from gossiping or spreading rumors regarding this tragedy.
We urge all the saints to:
- Stay calm and remain in your spirit.
- Take the Lord as our covering, refuge, and protection, both personally and collectively.
- Pray to bring our burdens to the Lord and to cast all anxiety on Him in order to receive His care and comfort. With all the recent environment disturbances (pandemic, war/conflict, and now this tragedy that hits close to home), there is a distinct possibility of the saints experiencing some psychological trauma.
- Put on the whole armor of God (Eph. 6:11) to stand and to withstand the stratagems of the devil. We are engaged in intense spiritual warfare with the enemy and we should pray in “all perseverance and petition concerning all the saints.” (Eph. 6:18).
Specifically, please encourage all the saints to:
- Pray for the dear saints in Sacramento, the churches in Northern California, and the Lord’s recovery.
- Pray that the peace of God would guard the hearts and thoughts of all the saints in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7) and the peace of Christ would arbitrate in the saints’ hearts (Col. 3:15).
- Pray that the saints would put on the whole armor of God (Eph. 6:11), and in particular, receive the helmet of salvation (Eph. 6:17) and take up the shield of faith (Eph. 6:16) to quench all the flaming darts from Satan.
- Pray that the saints would simply bring all their burdens to the Lord and cast all their anxiety on Him (1 Pet. 5:7).
We will do our best to inform you of further details as law enforcement makes them known to us. Lastly, it is important to allow law enforcement to complete its investigation. In supporting law enforcement’s efforts, please do not respond to the media inquiries or curious parties. It is important to direct all questions and concerns to the elders of the church in Sacramento, Joseph Wang and Hugh Pforsich.
The elders in the church in Sacramento